Santa Clara, San Francisco Bay Area · Full Time
Interested in shaping the next generation software defined security. MagicCube is a up and coming startup that delivers software based security measures for mobile, IoT, embedded devices and appliances. MagicCube is looking for a highly motivated Cloud QA and release engineer who can help design and implement a new generation of testing and deployment mechanisms for its security services.
What you will do:
- Help design and develop a holistic testing framework for MagicCube's applications and services. The holistic testing framework covers unit, functional, build validation, integration and post deployment testing.
- Improve and automate all aspects of testing using scripts, integration and deployment frameworks
- Automate and optimize software build and deployment system, ensuring we measure and minimize the time from commit to production
- Drive overall release management and updated releases through an automated and repeatable process and framework
- Estimate testing effort to plan out and prioritize testing and release activities based on Agile methodologies
- Root cause analysis of defects and bugs for Web applications and services
- Inject secure code scanning, penetration testing and security patch updates into QA and release process and framework
- Help design and implement a release and deployment environment
- Work with team members to validate and build out end to end testing strategies and efforts
What we are looking for
- 3-5 years of testing experience for web services and applications
- Experience with Testing framework such as JUnit, Mocha, JMeter, py.test
- Hands-on testing for web applications, web services and networking appliances
- Experience with Mock based Testing Tools and Framework
- Experience using deployment and automation tools (Jenkins, TravisCI, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with software configuration management tools (bitbucket, github and clearcase)
- Experience using static code/binary analysis tools (Polymer, Bandit, Infer) are a plus
- System admin experience for Linux machines is a plus
- Efficient communication skills and strong work ethic – Takes pride in working as a team to deliver a solution
- Solid debugging / problem resolution skills, and ability to multitask and handle multiple time critical issues / projects simultaneously
- Likes to be challenged and grow her/his technical skills on the job
MagicCube is a hot Silicon Valley startup in the device security for e-commerce & mobile commerce space. With investors and leadership from Netscape, Visa, Openwave, Siebel, & Apple, and unique patented platform, MagicCube secures the 500 Billion a a year e-commerce and m-commerce market.
MagicCube's,located in beautiful Sunnyvale, offers top benefits in addition to the amazing opportunity of participating in ownership through a generous stock options package.
>>>>> Salary is commensurate with technical skills and experience <<<<<
** We offer Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits, and a generous equity program
** No telecommute options. We need you with us.
** This is a critical position with high visibility. Think of yourself as the "Gate Keeper"